1. Tarlatzis BC, Laufer N, Decherney AH. The use of ovarian ultrasonography in monitoring ovulation induction. J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 1984; 1:226-232.
2. Bonilla-Musoles F, Pardo G, Perez-Gil M, Serra V, Pellicer A. Abdominal ultrasonography versus transvaginal scanning: accuracy in follicular development evaluation and prediction for oocyte retrieval in stimulated cycles. J Clin Ultrasound 1989; 17:469-473.
3. Wittmaack FM, Kreger DO, Blasco L, Tureck RW, Mastroianni L Jr, Lessey BA. Effect of follicular size on oocyte retrieval, fertilization, cleavage, and embryo quality in in vitro fertilization cycles: a 6-year data collection. Fertil Steril 1994; 62:1205-1210.
4. Nagai S, Yasumizu T, Kasai T, Hirata S, Mizuno K, Kato J. Effect of oocyte retrieval from a small leading follicle in fixed-schedule in vitro fertilization program. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 1997; 23:165-169.
5. Requena A, Neuspiller F, Cobo AC. Endocrinological and ultrasonographic variations after immature oocyte retrieval in a natural cycle. Hum Reprod 2001; 16:1833-1837.
6. Huang FJ, Huang HW, Lan KC. The maturity of human cumulus-free oocytes is positively related to blastocyst development and viability. J Assist Reprod Genet 2002; 19:555-560.
7. Kitai H, Inagaki N, Kimura H. A study on the correlation between maturation and quality of human oocytes. Hum Cell 1997; 10:263-270.
8. Salha O, Nugent D, Dada T. The relationship between follicular fluid aspirate volume and oocyte maturity in in vitro fertilization cycles. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:1901-1906.
Lass A. Monitoring of in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cycles by ultrasound versus by ultrasound and hormonal levels: a prospective, multicenter, randomized study. Fertil Steril 2003; 80:80-85.
Lin YC, Chang SY, Lan KC. Human oocyte maturity in vivo determines the outcome of blastocyst development in vitro. J Assist Reprod Genet 2003; 20:506-512. Picton HM, Danfour MA, Harris SE. Growth and maturation of oocytes in vitro. Reprod Suppl 2003; 61:445-462.
Russell JB. Immature oocyte retrieval combined with in vitro oocyte maturation. Hum Reprod 1998; 13(suppl 3):63-70; discussion 71-75. Russell JB. Immature oocyte retrieval with in vitro oocyte maturation. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 1999; 11:289-296.
Thornton MH, Francis MM, Paulson RJ. Immature oocyte retrieval: lessons from unstimulated IVF cycles. Fertil Steril 1998; 70:647-650. Triwitayakorn A, Suwajanakorn S, Pruksananonda K. Correlation between human follicular diameter and oocyte outcomes in an ICSI program. J Assist Reprod Genet 2003; 20:143-147.
Vassena R, Adams GP, Mapletoft RJ. Ultrasound image characteristics of ovarian follicles in relation to oocyte competence and follicular status in cattle. Anim Reprod Sci 2003; 76:25-41.
DeCherney AH, Laufer N. The monitoring of ovulation induction using ultrasound and estrogen. Clin Obstet Gynecol 1984; 27:993-1002. Rossavik IK, Gibbons WE. Variability of ovarian follicular growth in natural menstrual cycles. Fertil Steril 1985; 44:195-199.
Zegers-Hochschild F, Gomez Lira C, Parada M. A comparative study of the follicular growth profile in conception and nonconception cycles. Fertil Steril 1984; 41:244-247.
Baerwald AR, Walker RA, Pierson RA. Growth and regression rates of ovarian follicles during natural menstrual cycles and oral contraception cycles. In: Proceedings of the International Federation of Fertility Societies 18th World Congress on Fertility and Sterility, 2004. Abstracts:115.
Baerwald AR, Walker RA, Pierson RA. Growth rates of ovarian follicles during natural menstrual cycles and ovarian stimulation cycles. In: Proceedings of the 50th Annual Conference of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society, 2004:68. Singh J, Adams GP, Pierson RA. Promise of new imaging technologies for assessing ovarian function. Anim Reprod Sci 2003; 78:371-399. Sarty GE, Pierson RA. An application of Lacker's mathematical model for the prediction of ovarian response to superstimulation. Math Biosci 2005; 198:80-96. Bukulmez O, Arici A. Assessment of ovarian reserve. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2004; 16:231-237.
Broekmans FJ, Scheffer GJ, Bancsi LF. Ovarian reserve tests in infertility practice and normal fertile women. Maturitas 1998; 30:205-214. Bukman A, Heineman MJ. Ovarian reserve testing and the use of prognostic models in patients with subfertility. Hum Reprod Update 2001; 7:581-590. Erdem M, Erdem A, Gursoy R. Comparison of basal and clomiphene citrate induced FSH and inhibin B, ovarian volume and antral follicle counts as ovarian reserve tests and predictors of poor ovarian response in IVF. J Assist Reprod Genet 2004; 21:37-45.
28. Lass A. Assessment of ovarian reserve—is there a role for ovarian biopsy? Hum Reprod 2001; 16:1055-1057.
29. Syrop CH, Dawson JD, Husman KJ. Ovarian volume may predict assisted reproductive outcomes better than follicle stimulating hormone concentration on day 3. Hum Reprod 1999; 14:1752-1756.
30. Erdem A, Erdem M, Biberoglu K. Age-related changes in ovarian volume, antral follicle counts and basal FSH in women with normal reproductive health. J Reprod Med 2002; 47:835-839.
31. Bancsi LF, Broekmans FJ, Eijkemans MJ. Predictors of poor ovarian response in in vitro fertilization: a prospective study comparing basal markers of ovarian reserve. Fertil Steril 2002; 77:328-336.
32. Tufan E, Elter K, Durmusoglu F. Assessment of reproductive ageing patterns by hormonal and ultrasonographic ovarian reserve tests. Hum Reprod 2004; 19:2484-2489.
33. Lass A, Skull J, McVeigh E. Measurement of ovarian volume by transvaginal sonography before ovulation induction with human menopausal gonadotrophin for in vitro fertilization can predict poor response. Hum Reprod 1997; 12:294-297.
34. Durmusoglu F, Elter K, Yoruk P. Combining cycle day 7 follicle count with the basal antral follicle count improves the prediction of ovarian response. Fertil Steril 2004; 81:1073-1078.
35. Hendriks DJ, Mol BW, Bancsi LF. Antral follicle count in the prediction of poor ovarian response and pregnancy after in vitro fertilization: a meta-analysis and comparison with basal follicle-stimulating hormone level. Fertil Steril 2005; 83:291-301.
36. Vladimkov IK, Tacheva DM, Kalinov KB. Prognostic value of some ovarian reserve tests in poor responders. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2005; 272:74-79.
37. Wallace WH, Kelsey TW. Ovarian reserve and reproductive age may be determined from measurement of ovarian volume by transvaginal sonography. Hum Reprod 2004; 19:1612-1617.
38. Pierson RA, Chizen DR, Olatunbosun OA. Ultrasonographic assessment of ovulation induction. In: Jaffe R, Pierson RA, Abramowicz JA, eds. Imaging in Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1994:155-166.
39. Danninger B, Brunner M, Obruca A. Prediction of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome by ultrasound volumetric assessment [corrected] of baseline ovarian volume prior to stimulation. Hum Reprod 1996; 11:1597-1599.
40. Orvieto R. Can we eliminate severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome? Hum Reprod 2005; 20:320-322.
41. Ben-Ami M, Perlitz Y, Haddad S. The effectiveness of spectral and color Dop-pler in predicting ovarian torsion: a prospective study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2002; 104:64-66.
42. Auslender R, Lavie O, Kaufman Y. Coiling of the ovarian vessels: a color Doppler sign for adnexal torsion without strangulation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002; 20:96-97.
43. Pierson RA, Adams GP. Computer-assisted image analysis, diagnostic ultraso-nography and ovulation induction: strange bedfellows. Theriogenology 1995; 43:105-112.
Singh J, Pierson RA, Adams GP. Ultrasound image attributes of bovine ovarian follicles: endocrine and functional correlates. J Reprod Fertil 1988; 112:345-369. Russell JB, DeCherney AH, Hobbins JC. A new transvaginal probe and biopsy guide for oocyte retrieval. Fertil Steril 1987; 47:350-352. Cohen J, Debache C, Pez JP. Transvaginal sonographically controlled ovarian puncture for oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 1986; 3:309-313.
Dellenbach P, Nisand I, Moreau L. Transvaginal sonographically controlled follicle puncture for oocyte retrieval. Fertil Steril 1985; 44:656-662. Hamberger L, Wikland M, Enk L. Laparoscopy versus ultrasound guided puncture for oocyte retrieval. Acta Eur Fertil 1986; 17:195-198. Feichtinger W. Current technology of oocyte retrieval. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 1992; 4:697-701.
Gembruch U, Diedrich K, Welker B. Transvaginal sonographically guided oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1988; 3(suppl 2):59-63. Feldberg D, Goldman JA, Ashkenazi J. Transvaginal oocyte retrieval controlled by vaginal probe for in vitro fertilization: a comparative study. J Ultrasound Med 1988; 7:339-343.
Schulman JD, Dotfinann AD, Jones SL. Outpatient in vitro fertilization using transvaginal ultrasound-guided oocyte retrieval. Obstet Gynecol 1987; 69: 665-668.
Wikland M, Enk L, Hammarberg K. Use of a vaginal transducer for oocyte retrieval in an IVF/ET program. J Clin Ultrasound 1987; 15:245-251. Wikland M, Enk L, Hammarberg K. Oocyte retrieval under the guidance of a vaginal transducer. Ann NY Acad Sci 1988; 541:103-110. Wiseman DA, Short WB, Pattinson HA. Oocyte retrieval in an in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer program: comparison of four methods. Radiology 1989; 173:99-102.
Diedrich K, Van det Ven H, Al-Hasani S. Oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. Ann Biol Clin 1987; 45:351-357.
Padilla SL, Butler WJ, Boldt JP. Transurethral ultrasound-guided oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1987; 157:622-626. Parsons J, Riddle A, Booker M. Oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilisation by ultrasonically guided needle aspiration via the urethra. Lancet 1985; 1(8437):1076-1077.
Kemeter P, Feichtinger W. Trans-vaginal oocyte retrieval using a trans-vaginal sector scan probe combined with an automated puncture device. Hum Reprod 1986; 1:21-24.
Schulman JD, Dorfinann A, Jones S. Outpatient in vitro fertilization using transvaginal oocyte retrieval and local anesthesia. N Engl J Med 1985; 312(25):1639. Sterzik K, Jonatha W, Keckstein G. Ultrasonically guided follicle aspiration for oocyte retrieval in an in vitro fertilization program: further simplification. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1987; 25:309-314.
Yuzpe AA, Brown SE, Casper RF. Transvaginal, ultrasound-guided oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. J Reprod Med 1989; 34:937-942. Ragni G, Lombroso GC, De Lauretis L. Echoguided transvaginal oocyte retrieval: effective and easy to learn technique. Acta Eur Fertil 1991; 22:89-90.
64. Kingsland CR, Taylor CT, Aziz N. Is follicular flushing necessary for oocyte retrieval? A randomized trial. Hum Reprod 1991; 6:382-383.
65. Knight DC, Tyler JP, Driscoll GL. Follicular flushing at oocyte retrieval: a reappraisal. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 2001; 41:210-213.
66. Bustillo M. Unsuccessful oocyte retrieval: technical artefact or genuine 'empty follicle syndrome'? Reprod Biomed Online 2004; 8:59-67.
67. Barak Y, Lessing JB, Amit A. The development of an efficient ambulatory in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer (ET) program using ultrasonically guided oocyte retrieval. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1988; 67:585-588.
68. Tureck RW, Garcia CR, Blasco L. Perioperative complications arising after transvaginal oocyte retrieval. Obstet Gynecol 1993; 81:590-593.
69. Christiaens F, Janssenswillen C, Van Steirteghem AC. Comparison of assisted reproductive technology performance after oocyte retrieval under general anaesthesia (propofol) versus paracervical local anaesthetic block: a case-controlled study. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:2456-2460.
70. El-Shawarby S, Margara R, Trew G. A review of complications following transvaginal oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. Hum Fertil 2004; 7:127-133.
72. Tummon I, Newton C, Lee C. Lidocaine vaginal gel versus lidocaine paracervical block for analgesia during oocyte retrieval. Hum Reprod 2004; 19:1116-1120.
73. Fleischer AC, Herbert CM, Sacks GA. Sonography of the endometrium during conception and nonconception cycles of in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 1986; 46:442-447.
74. Gonen Y, Casper RF, Jacobson W. Endometrial thickness and growth during ovarian stimulation: a possible predictor of implantation in in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 1989; 52:446-450.
75. Dickey RP, Olar TT, Curole DN. Endometrial pattern and thickness associated with pregnancy outcome after assisted reproduction technologies. Hum Reprod 1992; 7:418-421.
76. Dickey RP, Olar TT, Taylor SN. Relationship of endometrial thickness and pattern to fecundity in ovulation induction cycles: effect of clomiphene citrate alone and with human menopausal gonadotropin. Fertil Steril 1993; 59:756-760.
77. Ueno J, Oehninger S, Brzyski RG. Ultrasonographic appearance of the endo-metrium in natural and stimulated in vitro fertilization cycles and its correlation with outcome. Hum Reprod 1991; 6:901-904.
78. Khalifa E, Brzyski RG, Oehninger S. Sonographic appearance of the endo-metrium: the predictive value for the outcome of in vitro fertilization in stimulated cycles. Hum Reprod 1992; 7:677-680.
79. Abdalla HI, Brooks AA, Johnson MR. Endometrial thickness: a predictor of implantation in ovum recipients? Hum Reprod 1994; 9:363-365.
80. Coulam CB, Bustulo M, Soenksen DM. Ultrasonographic predictors of implantation after assisted reproduction. Fertil Steril 1994; 62:1004-1010.
81. Noyes N, Iiu HC, Sultan K. Endometrial thickness appears to be a significant factor in embryo implantation in in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1995; 10:919-922.
82. Potlog-Nahari C, Catherino WH, McKeeby JL. A suboptimal endometrial pattern is associated with a reduced likelihood of pregnancy after a day 5 embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2005; 83:235-237.
83. Graf MJ, Reyniak JV, Battle-Mutter P. Histologic evaluation of the luteal phase in women following follicle aspiration for oocyte retrieval. Fertil Steril 1988; 49:616-619.
84. Sterzik K, Grab D, Schneider V. Lack of correlation between ultrasonography and histologic staging of the endometrium in in vitro fertilization (IVF) patients. Ultrasound Med Biol 1997; 23:165-170.
85. Csemiczky G, Wramsby H, Johannisson E. Endometrial evaluation is not predictive for in vitro fertilization treatment. J Assist Reprod Genet 1999; 16:113-116.
86. Sundstrom P. Establishment of a successful pregnancy following in vitro fertilization with an endometrial thickness of no more than 4 mm. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:1550-1552.
87. Zhang X, Chen CH, Confino E. Increased endometrial thickness is associated with improved treatment outcome for selected patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2005; 83:336-340.
88. Chien LW, Au HK, Xiao J. Fluid accumulation within the uterine cavity reduces pregnancy rates in women undergoing IVF. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:351-356.
89. Zagzebski J. Essentials of Ultrasound Physics. New York: C.V. Mosby, 1996:220.
90. Sterzik K, Grab D, Sasse V. Doppler sonographic findings and their correlation with implantation in an in vitro fertilization program. Fertil Steril 1989; 52: 825-828.
91. Steer CV, Campbell S, Tan SL. The use of transvaginal color flow imaging after in vitro fertilization to identify optimum uterine conditions before embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 1992; 57:372-376.
92. Serafini P, Batzofin J, Nelson J. Sonographic uterine predictors of pregnancy in women undergoing ovulation induction for assisted reproductive treatments. Fertil Steril 1994; 62:815-822.
93. Tekay A, Martikainen H, Jouppila P. Blood flow changes in uterine and ovarian vasculature, and predictive value of transvaginal pulsed colour Doppler ultrasonography in an in vitro fertilization programme. Hum Reprod 1995; 10:688-693.
94. Bassil S, Magritte JP, Roth J. Uterine vascularity during stimulation and its correlation with implantation in in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1995; 10: 1497-1501.
95. Cacciatore B, Simbetg N, Fusaro P. Transvaginal Doppler study of uterine artery blood flow in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cycles. Fertil Steril 1996; 66:130-134.
96. Aytoz A, Ubaldi F, Tournaye H. The predictive value of uterine artery blood flow measurements for uterine receptivity in an intracytoplasmic sperm injection program. Fertil Steril 1997; 68:935-937.
97. Friedler S, Schenker JG, Herman A. The role of ultrasonography in the evaluation of endometrial receptivity following assisted reproductive treatments: a critical review. Hum Reprod Update 1996; 2:323-335.
98. Yokota A, Nakai A, Oya A. Changes in uterine and ovarian arterial impedance during the periovulatory period in conception and nonconception cycles. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2000; 26:435-440.
99. Zaidi J, Campbell S, Pittrof R. Endometrial thickness, morphology, vascular penetration and velocimetry in predicting implantation in an in vitro fertilization program. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1995; 6:191-198.
100. Yang JH, Wu MY, Chen CD. Association of endometrial blood flow as determined by a modified colour Doppler technique with subsequent outcome of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1999; 14:1606-1610.
101. Schild RL, Knobloch C, Dorn C. Endometrial receptivity in an in vitro fertilization program as assessed by spiral artery blood flow, endometrial thickness, endometrial volume, and uterine artery blood flow. Fertil Steril 2001; 75: 361-366.
102. Kupesic S, Bekavac I, Bjelos D. Assessment of endometrial receptivity by transvaginal color Doppler and three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasonography in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization procedures. J Ultrasound Med 2001; 20:125-134.
103. Applebaum M. The uterine biophysical profile. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1995; 5:67-68.
104. Salle B, Bied-Damon V, Benchaib M. Preliminary report of an ultrasonography and colour Doppler uterine score to predict uterine receptivity in an in vitro fertilization programme. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:1669-1673.
105. Pierson RA. Three-dimensional ultrasonography of the embryo and fetus. In: Jaffe R, Bui TH, eds. Fetal and Neonatal Ultrasonography. New York: Parthenon Publishing Group, 1999:317-326.
106. Raga F, Bonilk-Musoles F, Casan EM. Assessment of endometrial volume by three-dimensional ultrasound prior to embryo transfer: clues to endometrial receptivity. Hum Reprod 1999; 14:2851-2854.
107. Schild RL, Indefrei D, Eschweiler S. Three-dimensional endometrial volume calculation and pregnancy rate in an in vitro fertilization programme. Hum Reprod 1999; 14:1255-1258.
108. Schild RL, Holthaus S, d'Alquen J. Quantitative assessment of subendometrial blood flow by three-dimensional-ultrasound is an important predictive factor of implantation in an in vitro fertilization programme. Hum Reprod 2000; 15: 89-94.
109. Wu HM, Chiang CH, Huang HY. Detection of the subendometrial vascularization flow index by three-dimensional ultrasound may be useful for predicting the pregnancy rate for patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2003; 79:507-511.
110. Martinez-Gaudio M, Yoshida T, Bengtsson LP. Propagated and nonpropa-gated myometrial contractions in normal menstrual cycles. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1973; 115:107-111.
111. de Vries K, Lyons EA, Ballard G. Contractions of the inner third of the myometrium. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990; 162:679-682.
112. Lyons EA, Taylor PJ, Zheng XH. Characterization of subendometrial myome-trial contractions throughout the menstrual cycle in normal fertile women. Fertil Steril 1991; 55:771-774.
113. Ijland MM, Evers JL, Dunselman GA. Endometrial wavelike movements during the menstrual cycle. Fertil Steril 1996; 65:746-749.
Fanchin R, Righini C, Ayoubi JM. New look at endometrial echogenicity: objective computer-assisted measurements predict endometrial receptivity in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2000; 74:274-281. Ijland MM, Evers JL, Hoogland HJ. Velocity of endometrial wavelike activity in spontaneous cycles. Fertil Steril 1997; 68:72-75.
van Gestel I, Ijland MM, Hoogland HJ. Endometrial wave-like activity in the non-pregnant uterus. Hum Reprod Update 2003; 9:131-138. Lesny P, Killick SR. The junctional zone of the uterus and its contractions. BJOG 2004; 111:1182-1189.
Lesny P, Killick SR, Tetlow RL. Uterine junctional zone contractions during assisted reproduction cycles. Hum Reprod Update 1998; 4:440-445. Fanchin R, Righini C, Ayoubi JM. Uterine contractions at the time of embryo transfer: a hindrance to implantation?. Contracept Fertil Sex 1998; 26:498-505. Fanchin R. Assessing uterine receptivity in 2001: ultrasonographic glances at the new millennium. Ann NY Acad Sci 2001; 943:185-202. Fanchin R, Righini C, Olivennes F. Uterine contractions at the time of embryo transfer alter pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:1968-1974.
Vlaisavljevic V, Reljic M, Gavric Lovrec V. Subendometrial contractility is not predictive for in vitro fertilization (IVF) outcome. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001; 17:239-244.
Fanchin R, Righini C, de Ziegler D. Effects of vaginal progesterone administration on uterine contractility at the time of embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2001; 75:1136-1140.
Baruffi R, et al. Effects of vaginal progesterone administration starting on the day of oocyte retrieval on pregnancy rates. J Assist Reprod Genet 2003; 20(12):517-520.
Bulletti C, de Ziegler D. Uterine contractility and embryo implantation. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2005; 17:265-276.
Fanchin R, Ayoubi JM, Righini C. Uterine contractility decreases at the time of blastocyst transfers. Hum Reprod 2001; 16:1115-1119.
Strickler RC, Christianson C, Crane JP. Ultrasound guidance for human embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 1985; 43:54-61.
Leong M, Leung C, Tucker M. Ultrasound-assisted embryo transfer. J In Vitro Fert Embryo Transf 1986; 3:383-385.
al-Shawaf T, Dave R, Harper J. Transfer of embryos into the uterus: how much do technical factors affect pregnancy rates?. J Assist Reprod Genet 1993; 10:31-36. al-Shawaf T, Yang D, al-Magid Y. Ultrasonic monitoring during replacement of frozen/thawed embryos in natural and hormone replacement cycles. Hum Reprod 1993; 8:2068-2074.
Kan AK, Abdalla HI, Gafar AH. Embryo transfer: ultrasound-guided versus clinical touch. Hum Reprod 1999; 14:1259-1261.
Coroleu B, Carreras O, Veiga A. Embryo transfer under ultrasound guidance improves pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 2000; 15:616-620.
Rijnders RJ, Mol BW, Broekmans FJ. Use of ultrasound guidance during embryo transfer. Hum Reprod 2000; 15:2449.
134. Anderson RE, Nugent NL, Gregg AT. Transvaginal ultrasound-guided embryo transfer improves outcome in patients with previous failed in vitro fertilization cycles. Fertil Steril 2002; 77:769-775.
135. Biervliet FP, Lesny P, Maguiness SD. Transmyometrial embryo transfer and junctional zone contractions. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:347-350.
136. Baba K, Ishihara O, Hayashi N. Three-dimensional ultrasound in embryo transfer. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2000; 16:372-373.
137. de Camargo Martins AM, Baruffi RL, Mauri AL. Ultrasound guidance is not necessary during easy embryo transfers. J Assist Reprod Genet 2004; 21:421-425.
138. Kojima K, Nomiyama M, Kumamoto T. Transvaginal ultrasound-guided embryo transfer improves pregnancy and implantation rates after IVF. Hum Reprod 2001; 16:2578-2582.
139. Sieck UV, Jaroudi KA, Hollanders JM. Ultrasound guided embryo transfer does not prevent ectopic pregnancies after in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1997; 12:2081-2082.
140. Letterie GS. Three-dimensional ultrasound-guided embryo transfer: a preliminary study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 192:1983-1987; discussion 1987-1988.
141. Tang OS, Ng EH, So WW. Ultrasound-guided embryo transfer: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Hum Reprod 2001; 16:2310-2315.
142. Matorras R, Urquijo E, Mendoza R. Ultrasound-guided embryo transfer improves pregnancy rates and increases the frequency of easy transfers. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:1762-1766.
143. Letterie GS, Marshall L, Angle M. A new coaxial catheter system with an echo-dense tip for ultrasonographically guided embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 1999; 72:266-268.
144. Mansour RT, Aboulghar MA. Optimizing the embryo transfer technique. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:1149-1153.
145. Hale L. Embryo transfer: how to ensure correct placement in utero. Reprod Fertil Dev 2001; 13:95-98.
146. Schoolcraft WB, Surrey ES, Gardner DK. Embryo transfer: techniques and variables affecting success. Fertil Steril 2001; 76:863-870.
147. Coroleu B, Batri PN, Carreras O. The influence of the depth of embryo replacement into the uterine cavity on implantation rates after IVF: a controlled, ultrasound-guided study. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:341-346.
148. Pope CS, Cook EK, Arny M. Influence of embryo transfer depth on in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer outcomes. Fertil Steril 2004; 81:51-58.
149. Wood EG, Batzer FR, Go KJ. Ultrasound-guided soft catheter embryo transfers will improve pregnancy rates in in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 2000; 15:107-112.
150. Lindheim SR, Cohen MA, Sauer MV. Ultrasound guided embryo transfer significantly improves pregnancy rates in women undergoing oocyte donation. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1999; 66:281-284.
151. Prapas Y, Prapas N, Hatziparasidou A. Ultrasound-guided embryo transfer maximizes the IVF results on day 3 and day 4 embryo transfer but has no impact on day 5. Hum Reprod 2001; 16:1904-1908.
152. Coroleu B, Barri PN, Carreras O. The usefulness of ultrasound guidance in frozen-thawed embryo transfer: a prospective randomized clinical trial. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:2885-2890.
153. Garcia-Velasco JA, Isaza V, Martinez-Salazar J. Transabdominal ultrasound-guided embryo transfer does not increase pregnancy rates in oocyte recipients. Fertil Steril 2002; 78:534-539.
154. Sallam HN. Should embryo transfer always be performed under ultrasound guidance? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2004; 24:383-386.
155. Shamonki MI, Schattman GL, Spandorfer SD. Ultrasound-guided trial transfer may be beneficial in preparation for an IVF cycle. Hum Reprod 2005; 20:2844-2849.
156. Buckett WM. A meta-analysis of ultrasound-guided versus clinical touch embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2003; 80:1037-1041.
157. Sallam HN, Sadek SS. Ultrasound-guided embryo transfer: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Fertil Steril 2003; 80:1042-1046.
158. Li R, Lu L, Hao G. Abdominal ultrasound-guided embryo transfer improves clinical pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilization: experiences from 330 clinical investigations. J Assist Reprod Genet 2005; 22:3-8.
Was this article helpful?
Are Menopause Symptoms Playing Havoc With Your Health and Relationships? Are you tired of the mood swings, dryness, hair loss and wrinkles that come with the change of life? Do you want to do something about it but are wary of taking the estrogen or antidepressants usually prescribed for menopause symptoms?