Viton JM, Peretti-Viton P, Rubino T, et al. Short-term assessment of peri-radicular corticosteroid injections in lumbar radiculopathy associated with disc pathology. Neuroradiology 40:59, 1998.
27. Weiner BK, Fraser RD. Foraminal injection for lateral lumbar disc herniation. J Bone Joint Surg (Br) 79:804, 1997.
29. Johnson BA, Schellhas KP, Pollei SR, Kraker D. Lumbar epidural myelog-raphy and steroid injections: correlation of clinical efficacy related to specific pathology and symptoms. Presented at Fifth Annual Meeting of the International Spinal Injection Society, October 4-5, 1997, Denver.
30. Renfrew DL, Moore TE, Kathol MH, et al. Correct placement of epidural steroid injections: fluoroscopic guidance and contrast administration. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 12:1003, 1991.
32. MacLean CA, Bachman DT. Documented arterial gas embolism after spinal epidural injection. Ann Emerg Med 38:592, 2001.
33. Johnson BA. Image guided epidural injections. Neuroimaging Clin North Am 10(3):479, 2000.
35. Botwin KP, Gruber RD, Bouchlas CG, et al. Complications of fluoroscopi-cally guided transforaminal lumbar epidural injections. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 81:1045, 2000.
36. Slipman CW, Shin CH, Patel RK, et al. Persistent hiccup associated with thoracic epidural injection. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 80:618, 2001.
37. Johnson BA, Schellhas KP, Pollei SR. Epidurography and therapeutic epidural injections: Technical considerations and experience with 5334 cases. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 20:697, 1999.
38. Quencer RM, Tenner M, Rothman L. The postoperative myelograms. Radiology 123;667, 1977.
40. Naseri A, Blumenkranz MS, Horton JC. Terson's syndrome following epidural saline injection. Neurology 57:364, 2001.
41. McLain RF, Fry M, Hecht ST. Case report: transient paralysis associated with epidural steroid injection. J Spinal Disord 10:441, 1997.
42. Klenerman L, Greenwood R, Davenport HT, et al. Lumbar epidural injections in the treatment of sciatica. Br J Rheumatol 23:35, 1984.
43. Mathews JA, Mills SB, Jenkins VM, et al. Back pain sciatica: controlled trials of manipulation, traction, sclerosant and epidural injections. Br J Rheumatol 26:416, 1987.
45. Siegfried RN. Development of complex regional pain syndrome after a cervical epidural steroid injection. Anesthesiology 86:1394, 1997.
46. Hodges SD, Castleberg RL, Miller T, et al. Cervical epidural steroid injection with intrinsic spinal cord damage. Spine 23:2137, 1998.
48. Furman MB, O'Brien EM, Zgleszewski TM. Incidence of intravascular penetration in transforaminal lumbosacral epidural steroid injections. Spine 25:2628, 2000.
Was this article helpful?
Deal With Your Pain, Lead A Wonderful Life An Live Like A 'Normal' Person. Before I really start telling you anything about me or finding out anything about you, I want you to know that I sympathize with you. Not only is it one of the most painful experiences to have backpain. Not only is it the number one excuse for employees not coming into work. But perhaps just as significantly, it is something that I suffered from for years.