1. Oelschlager BK, Pellegrini CA. Minimally invasive surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease. J Laparoen-dosc Adv Surg Tech A 2001;11:341-349.
2. Guilherme MR, Campos MD, Peters JH, et al. Multi-variate analysis of factors predicting outcome after laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication. J Gastrointest Surg 1999;3:292-300.
3. Westscher G, Schwab G, Klinger A, et al. Respiratory symptoms in patients with gastroesophageal reflux fol lowing medical therapy and following anti-reflux surgery. Am J Surg 1997;174:639-643.
4. Tobin RW, Pope CE II, Pellegrini CA, Emond MJ, Sillery J, Raghu G. Increased prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998;158:1804-1808.
5. Oelschlager BK, Barreca M, Chang L, et al. Clinical and pathologic response of Barrett's esophagus to laparo-scopic anti reflux surgery. Ann Surg 2003;238(4): 458-466.
6. Csendes A, Braghetto I, Burdiles P, et al. Long-term results of classic anti-reflux surgery in 152 patients with Barrett's esophagus: clinical, radiologic, endoscopic, manometric, and acid reflux test analysis before and late after operation. Surgery 1998;123:645-657.
7. Hofstetter W, Peters J, DeMeester T, et al. Long-term outcome of anti-reflux surgery in patients with Barrett's esophagus. Ann Surg 2001;234:532-539.
8. Bowers SP, Mattar SG, Smith CD, et al. Clinical and his-tologic follow-up after anti-reflux surgery for Barrett's esophagus. J Gastrointest Surg 2002;6(4):532-538.
9. Perry Y, Courcoulas AP, Fernando HC, Buenaventura PO, McCaughan JS, Luketich JD. Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for recalcitrant gastroesophageal reflux disease in morbidly obese patients. JSLS 2004;8:19-23. Perez AR, Moncure AC, Rattner DW. Obesity adversely affects the outcome of anti-reflux operations. Surg Endosc 2001;15:986-989.
Flum DR, Koepsell T, Heagerty P, et al. The nationwide frequency of major adverse outcomes in anti-reflux surgery and the role of surgeon experience, 1992-1997. J Am Coll Surg 2002;195:611-618. Jobe BA, Kahrilas PJ, Vernon AH, et al. Endoscopic appraisal of the gastroesophageal valve after anti-reflux surgery. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:233-243.
13. Oleynikov D, Eubanks TR, Oelschlager BK, et al. Total fundoplication is the operation of choice for patients with gastroesophageal reflux and defective peristalsis. Surg Endosc 2002;16:909-913.
14. Chrysos E, Tsiaoussis J, Zoras OJ, et al. Laparoscopic surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease patients with impaired esophageal peristalsis: total or partial fundoplication? J Am Coll Surg 2003;197:8-15.
15. Barreca M, Oelschlager BK, Pellegrini CA. Outcomes of laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication in patients with the "hypercontractile esophagus." Arch Surg 2002;137: 724-729.
17. Oelschlager BK, Eubanks T, Oleynikov D, et al. Symptomatic and physiologic outcomes after operative treatment for extraesophageal reflux. Surg Endosc 2002;16(7):1032-1036.
18. Oelschlager B, Pellegrini C. Surgical treatment of respiratory complications associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am J Med 2003;18:72s-77s.
19. Oelschlager BK, Eubanks T, Maronian N, et al. Laryn-goscopy and pharyngeal pH are complementary in the diagnosis of gastroesophageal-laryngeal reflux. J Gas-trointest Surg 2002;6(2):189-194.
20. Jobe BA, Kahrilas PJ, Vernon AH, et al. Endoscopic appraisal of the gastroesophageal valve after anti-reflux surgery. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:233-243.
PRINCIPLES OF SUCCESSFUL SURGICAL ANTI-REFLUX PROCEDURES
21. Contini S, Zinicola R, Bertele A, et al. Dysphagia and clinical outcome after laparoscopic Nissen or Rossetti fundoplication: sequential prospective study. World J Surg 2002;26:1106-1111.
22. Oelschlager BK, Barreca M, Chang L, et al. The use of small intestine submucosa in the repair of parae sophageal hernias: initial observations of a new technique. Am J Surg 2003;186:4-8.
23. Horgan S, Pohl D, Bogetti D, et al. Failed anti-reflux surgery: what have we learned from reoperations? Arch Surg 1999;134:809-815.
Was this article helpful?
A time for giving and receiving, getting closer with the ones we love and marking the end of another year and all the eating also. We eat because the food is yummy and plentiful but we don't usually count calories at this time of year. This book will help you do just this.