1. How does a nucleus in the G2 phase of the cell cycle differ from one in the G1 phase?
2. Compare the roles of cohesins and condensin in mitosis, meiosis I, and meiosis II.
3. Compare and contrast mitosis (and subsequent cytokinesis) in animals and plants.
4. Suggest two ways in which, with the help of a microscope, one might determine the relative duration of the various phases of mitosis.
5. Contrast mitotic prophase and prophase I of meiosis. Contrast mitotic anaphase and anaphase I of meiosis.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.