• Wash one or two loads as they accumulate rather than doing multiple loads less often.
• Collect clothes in one place, and transfer them to the laundry area in a wheeled cart if possible.
• If the laundry area is in a basement, plan to remain there until the laundry is done, and have a place to relax while you are waiting.
• If a clothesline is used, have it hung at shoulder height, and place the laundry basket on a chair while hanging laundry.
• Hang clothes promptly after they are dry to minimize ironing.
• Sit down while ironing.
• Buy clothes that require minimal maintenance.
Was this article helpful?