2. What is meant by antimicrobial resistance? Susceptibility?
3. Why are pure cultures used for antimicrobial susceptibility testing?
4. Would it be acceptable to use a mixed culture for this test? Why?
5. List three factors that can influence the accuracy of the test.
6. If a McFarland 0.5 standard contains 1 X 108 organisms per milliliter, how many bacteria were added to each ampicillin-containing tube in Experiment 15.2?
7. When performing a broth dilution test, why is it necessary to include a growth control tube? A sterility control tube?
Was this article helpful?