1. Define the principles of sterilization with an autoclave and with a dry-heat oven.
2. What pressure, temperature, and time are used in routine autoclaving?
3. What factors determine the time period necessary for steam-pressure sterilization? Dry-heat oven sterilization?
5. When running an endospore control of autoclaving technique, why is one endospore preparation incubated without
6. Would a culture of E. coli make a good bacteriologic control of heat-sterilization techniques? Why?
7. What characteristics of B. stearothermophilus make it valuable for use as a control organism for heat-sterilization techniques?
Was this article helpful?