After study of this chapter you should be able to:
1. Define hormones.
2. Compare steroid and amino acid hormones.
3. Label a diagram of the endocrine system.
4. Name the hormones produced by the endocrine glands, and briefly describe the function of each.
5. Identify and use roots pertaining to the endocrine system.
6. Describe the main disorders of the endocrine system.
7. Interpret abbreviations used in endocrinology.
8. Analyze several case studies concerning disorders of the endocrine system.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.