After study of this chapter you should be able to:
1. Describe the composition of the blood plasma.
2. Describe and give the functions of the three types of blood cells.
3. Label pictures of the blood cells.
4. Explain the basis of blood types.
5. Define immunity.
6. Identify and use roots and suffixes pertaining to the blood and immunity.
7. Identify and use roots pertaining to the chemistry of the blood and other body tissues.
8. List and describe the major disorders of the blood.
9. List and describe the major disorders of the immune system.
10. Describe the major tests used to study blood.
11. Interpret abbreviations used in blood studies.
12. Analyze several case studies involving the blood.
Blood circulates through the vessels, bringing oxygen and nourishment to all cells and carrying away waste products. The total adult blood volume is about 5 liters (5.2 quarts). Whole blood can be divided into two main components: the liquid portion, or plasma (55%), and formed elements, or blood cells (45%).
Was this article helpful?
All Natural Immune Boosters Proven To Fight Infection, Disease And More. Discover A Natural, Safe Effective Way To Boost Your Immune System Using Ingredients From Your Kitchen Cupboard. The only common sense, no holds barred guide to hit the market today no gimmicks, no pills, just old fashioned common sense remedies to cure colds, influenza, viral infections and more.