Identify the suffix meaning "pertaining to" or "resembling" in each of the following words:
1. salivary (p ertaining to saliva) SAL-i-var-e
2. pelvic (pertaining to the pelvis) PEL-vik
3. n eurotic (pertaining to neurosis)
4. fibrous (pertaining to fibers) FI-brus
5. epileptiform (resembling epilepsy) ep-i-LEP-ti-form
6. ovoid (resembling an egg) OV-oyd
7. topical (pertaining to a surface) TOP-i-kal
8. virile (masculine) VIR-il
9. vo cal (pertaining to the voice)
10. surgical (pertaining to surgery) SUR-ji-kal
11. nu clear (pertaining to a nucleus) NU-kl e-ar
12. urinary (pertaining to urine) U-ri-nar-l
13. circulatory (pertaining to circulation) SIR-ku-la-tor-l
Was this article helpful?
Moles, warts, and other unsightly irregularities of the skin can be bothersome and even embarrassing. They can be removed naturally... Removing Warts and Moles Naturally! If you have moles, warts, and other skin irregularities that you cannot cover up affecting the way you look, you can have them removed. Doctors can be extremely expensive. Learn the natural ways you can remove these irregularities in the comfort of your own home.