Define the following words:
1. pneumonitis (nu-mo-NI-tis)
2. pleuropulmonary (plur-o-PUL-mo-ner-1)
3. pneumoplasty (NU-mo-plas-te)
4. pleuralgia (plu-RAL-je-a)
5. pulmonology (pul-mo-NOL-o-je)
6. pneumatic (nu-MAT-ik)
Write a word for each of the following definitions:
7. between (inter) the pleura
8. below the diaphragm
9. surgical incision of the phrenic nerve
10. any disease of the lungs (pneumon/o)
11. record of breathing volumes
12. surgical puncture of the pleural space
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.