Answers to Chapter Exercises
13. sound, ultrasound
15. gastrotomy (gas-TROT-o-me)
16. dermatome (DER-ma-tom)
CHAPTER REVIEW 7-1
6. arthrodesis (ar-thro-DE-sis)
7. arthrotomy (ar-THROT-o-me)
8. arthroplasty (AR-thro-plas-te)
9. arthrotome (AR-thro-tom)
10. hepatorrhaphy (hep-a-TOR-a-fe)
11. hepatotomy (hep-a-TOT-o-me)
12. hepatectomy (hep-a-TEK-to-me)
13. hepatopexy (HEP-a-to-pek-se)
14. tracheostomy (tra-ke-OS-to-me)
a d c d e a b b e a d c b d c e a d c e a b e a d b c d c a e b erg/o; work radi/o; radiation, x-ray chron/o; time bar/o; pressure aer/o; air, oxygen _
cystorrhaphy (sis-_TOR-a-_fe )
45. cystostomy (sis-TOS-to-me)
46. Chemotherapy. The others are examining methods; chemotherapy is treatment with chemicals.
47. Syncope. The others are examining instruments; syncope is fainting.
48. Sequela. The others are surgical instruments; sequela is a lasting effect of disease.
49. TMN. The others are abbreviations for imaging techniques; TMN is an abbreviation for a system of staging cancer.
50. working together of parts or drugs a. together b. work c. condition of
51. Formation of color or pigment a. color b. origin, formation c. condition of
52. instrument for recording chest sounds a. sound b. chest c. instrument for recording data
Answers to Case Study Questions
6. diagnostic laparoscopy
13. history of present illness
15. activities of daily living
16. temperature, pulse, respiration
17. beats per minute
18. within normal limits
20. normal saline solution
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.