Here are some care instructions for patients following ALA-PDT photodynamic skin rejuvenation.
■ On the Day of Treatment
1. If you have any discomfort, begin applying ice packs to the treated areas. This will help keep the area cool and alleviate any discomfort, as well as help keep down any swelling. Swelling will be most evident around the eyes and is usually more prominent in the morning.
2. Remain indoors and avoid direct sunlight.
3. Spray on Avene Thermal Spring Water often.
4. Apply Cetaphil moisturizing cream.
5. Take analgesics such as Advil if necessary.
6. If given any topical medications, apply twice daily to the treated area.
1. You may begin applying make-up once any crusting has healed. The area may be slightly red for 1-2 weeks. If make-up is important to you, please see one of our aesthe-ticians for a complimentary consultation.
2. The skin will feel dry and tightened. Ceta-phil moisturizer should be used daily.
3. Try to avoid direct sunlight for 1 week. Use a total block Zinc Oxide based sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30.
Was this article helpful?