80. Armellini F, Zamboni M, Rigo L, Bergamo-Andreis IA, Robbi R, De Marchi M, Bosello O. Sonography detection of small intra-abdominal fat variations. Int J Obes 1991; 15:847-852.
81. Armellini F, Zamboni M, Rigo L, Todesco T, Bergamo-Andreis IA, Procacci C, Bosello O. The contribution of sonography to the measurement of intra-abdominal fat. J Clin Ultrasound 1990; 18:563-567.
82. Ohsuzu F, Kosuda S, Takayama E, Yanagida S, Nomi M, Kasamatsu H, Kusano S, Nakamura H. Imaging techniques for measuring adipose-tissue distribution in the abdomen: a comparison between computed tomography and 1.5-tesla magnetic resonance spin-echo imaging. Radiat Med 1998; 16:99-107.
83. Sites CK, Calles-Escandon J, Brochu M, Butterfield M, Ashikaga T, Poehlman ET. Relation of regional fat distribution to insulin sensitivity in postmenopausal women. Fertil Steril 2000; 73(1):61-65.
84. Cefalu WT, Wang ZQ, Werbel S, Bell-Farrow A, Crouse JR, Hinson WH, Terry JG, Anderson R. Contribution of visceral fat mass to the insulin resistance of aging. Metabolism 1995; 44:954-959.
86. Grundy SM. Small LDL, atherogenic dyslipidemia, and the metabolic syndrome. Circulation 1997; 95:1-4.
87. Fagan TC, Deedwania PC. The cardiovascular dysmetabolic syndrome. Am J Med 1998; 105:77S-82S.
88. Grundy SM. Hypertriglyceridemia, insulin resistance, and the metabolic syndrome. Am J Cardiol 1999; 83:25F-29F.
89. Lamarche B, Lemieux I, Despres JP. The small, dense LDL phenotype and the risk of coronary heart disease: epidemiology, patho-physiology and therapeutic aspects. Diabetes Metab 1999; 25:199-211.
91. MacLean PS, Vadlamudi S, MacDonald KG, Pories WJ, Houmard JA, Barakat HA. Impact of insulin resistance on lipoprotein subpopulation distribution in lean and morbidly obese nondiabetic women. Metabolism 2000; 49:285-292.
92. Cefalu WT. Insulin resistance. In: Leahy JL, Clark NG, Cefalu WT, eds. Medical Management of Diabetes Mellitus. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2000:5776.
93. Tack CJ, Smits P, Demacker PN, Stalenhoef AF. Troglitazone decreases the proportion of small, dense LDL and increases the resistance of LDL to oxidation in obese subjects. Diabetes Care 1998; 21:796-799.
94. Hsueh WA, Quinones MJ, Creager MA. Endothelium in insulin resistance and diabetes. Diabetes Rev 1997; 5:343-352.
95. Hsueh WA, Law RE. Cardiovascular risk continuum: implications of insulin resistance and diabetes. Am J Med 1998; 105:4S-14S.
Was this article helpful?
Attention, Want 6 Pack Abs? Then Read Every Word On This Page... Revealed! Follow A Proven Plan To Unveil Your Six Pack Abs Today. Download today To Discover The Simple But Sure Way To 6 Pack Abs. This powerful tool will provide you with everything you need to finally achieve your dream of shedding the tummy fat for good and revealing your six pack abs. You can make weight loss promises to yourself all day and night, but actually sticking to your goals is the hard part.