1. Which of these offers a nonspecific defense against viral infection?
Match the cell type with its secretion.
2. killer T cells a. antibodies
3. mast cells b. perforins
4. plasma cells c. lysosomal enzymes
5. macrophages d. histamine
6. Which of these statements about the Fab portion of antibodies is true?
a. It binds to antigens.
b. Its amino acid sequences are variable.
c. It consists of both H and L chains.
d. All of these are true.
7. Which of these statements about complement proteins C3a and C5a is false?
a. They are released during the complement fixation process.
c. They promote the activity of phagocytic cells.
d. They produce pores in the victim cell membrane.
Mast cell secretion during an immediate hypersensitivity reaction is stimulated when antigens combine with a. IgG antibodies.
b. IgE antibodies.
c. IgM antibodies.
d. IgA antibodies.
During a secondary immune response, a. antibodies are made quickly and in great amounts.
c. antibodies of the IgG class are produced.
d. lymphocyte clones are believed to develop.
e. all of these apply. Which of these cell types aids the activation of T lymphocytes by antigens?
11. Which of these statements about T lymphocytes is false?
a. Some T cells promote the activity of B cells.
b. Some T cells suppress the activity of B cells.
c. Some T cells secrete interferon.
d. Some T cells produce antibodies.
12. Delayed hypersensitivity is mediated by a. T cells.
c. plasma cells.
d. natural killer cells.
13. Active immunity may be produced by a. contracting a disease.
b. receiving a vaccine.
c. receiving gamma globulin injections.
The Immune System
14. Which of these statements about class-2
MHC molecules is false?
a. They are found on the surface of B lymphocytes.
b. They are found on the surface of macrophages.
c. They are required for B cell activation by a foreign antigen.
d. They are needed for interaction of helper and killer T cells.
e. They are presented together with foreign antigens by macrophages.
Match the cytokine with its description.
15. interleukin-1 a. stimulates formation of Th1 helper T lymphocytes
16. interleukin-2 b. stimulates ACTH
17. interleukin-12 c. stimulates proliferation of killer T lymphocytes d. stimulates proliferation of B lymphocytes
Was this article helpful?
All Natural Immune Boosters Proven To Fight Infection, Disease And More. Discover A Natural, Safe Effective Way To Boost Your Immune System Using Ingredients From Your Kitchen Cupboard. The only common sense, no holds barred guide to hit the market today no gimmicks, no pills, just old fashioned common sense remedies to cure colds, influenza, viral infections and more.