• The hypothalamus secretes hormones that control the anterior pituitary . . . .(p. 301)
• The hypothalamus produces the hormones released by the posterior pituitary (p. 301)
• Sympathetic nerves stimulate the secretions of the adrenal medulla (p. 307)
• Parasympathetic nerves stimulate the secretions of the pancreatic islets (p. 613)
• Neurons stimulate the secretion of melatonin from the pineal gland, which in turn regulates parts of the brain . .(p. 314)
• Sex hormones from the gonads regulate the hypothalamus (p. 304)
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.