■ Figure 3.13 The Golgi complex. (a) An electron micrograph of a Golgi complex. Notice the formation of vesicles at the ends of some of the flattened sacs. (b) An illustration of the processing of proteins by the granular endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi complex.
Cell Structure and Genetic Control
Test Yourself Before You Continue
1. Explain why microtubules and microfilaments can be thought of as the skeleton and musculature of a cell.
2. Describe the functions of lysosomes and peroxisomes.
3. Describe the structure and functions of mitochondria.
4. Explain how mitochondria can provide a genetic inheritance derived only from the mother.
5. Describe the structure and function of ribosomes.
6. Distinguish between a granular and agranular endoplasmic reticulum in terms of their structure and function.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.