• Gastrin, produced by the stomach, helps to regulate the secretion of gastric juice (p. 584)
• Several hormones secreted by the small intestine regulate different aspects of the digestive system (p. 583)
• A hormone produced by the intestine stimulates the pancreatic islets to secrete insulin (p. 585)
• Adipose tissue secretes leptin, which helps to regulate hunger (p. 606)
• The liver removes some hormones from the blood, changes them chemically, and excretes them in the bile (p. 579)
Was this article helpful?
Here's How You Could End Anxiety and Panic Attacks For Good Prevent Anxiety in Your Golden Years Without Harmful Prescription Drugs. If You Give Me 15 minutes, I Will Show You a Breakthrough That Will Change The Way You Think About Anxiety and Panic Attacks Forever! If you are still suffering because your doctor can't help you, here's some great news...!