• Antidiuretic hormone stimulates reabsorption of water from the renal tubules (p. 536)
• Aldosterone stimulates sodium reabsorption and potassium secretion by the kidneys (p. 544)
• Natriuretic hormones stimulate sodium excretion by the kidneys (p. 418)
• The kidneys produce the hormone erythropoietin (p. 371)
• The kidneys secrete renin, which activates the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (p. 417)
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.