• Role of estrogens in spermatogenesis
• Role of nitric oxide in penile erection
• Production of weak estrogens in postmenopausal women
• Embryonic stem cells and cloning technology
• Totipotency, pluripotency, and transdifferentiation
• Genetic screening of neonates
• Umbilical cord blood banking
• Passive immunization of fetus and baby by maternal antibodies
• Role of nitric oxide in erection and the action of Viagra fig. 20.23) -^
• Implantation of the blastocyst (fig. 20.45ft)
• Maternal antibodies that protect the baby (fig. 20.56)
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.