• Regulation of swallowing
• Stomach secretion of ghrelin
• Slow wave conduction by interstitial cells of Cajal
• Amounts of bile salts recirculated and excreted
• Transporters that secrete xenobiotics into bile
• Drugs, SXR nuclear receptors, and cytochrome P450 enzymes
• Pathway for the metabolism of heme and bilirubin (fig. 18.23)
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.