• Muscle structure: M lines and titin
• Eccentric muscle contractions
• Type IIX muscle fibers
• Mechanisms of muscle fatigue
• Genetic differences in muscle fiber types
• Role of troponin T, C, and I, and their use in diagnosing myocardial infarction
• Power stroke of the cross-bridge (fig. 12.11) --i
• Incomplete and complete tetanus (fig. 12.18)
• Relative abundance of different muscle fiber types (fig. 12.25)
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.