1. What is the meaning of the word gymnosperms List several examples of gymnosperms.
2. In pine, the megasporophyll bears a_on its upper surface.
Within this structure is a diploid cell, called the _
__, which is destined to undergo meiosis to produce__One of these cells grows into the__
3. The egg cell of the pine gametophyte generation is borne in an
__After fertilization, several nuclear divisions occur but do not all contribute to the formation of embryos, some of the cells being
4. The cells immediately above the embryo cells elongate. They are called
_cells, and their elongation pushes the embryo cells into the__
5. What is meant by the term evergreen?
6. Cambial activity produces secondary _, secondary
Was this article helpful?