operation and other minimally invasive surgery in the morbid obese patient. The ability to place a hand in the abdomen during pneumoperitoneum is clearly an adjunct to safety and security while maintaining incision length to a minimum.
2. Naithoh T, Gagner M. Laparoscopically assisted gastric bypass surgery using Dexterity Pneumo Sleeve. Surg Endosc 1997;11:830-833.
3. Schweitzer MA, Broderick TJ, Demaria EJ, et al. Laparoscopic-assisted roux-en-Y gastric bypass. J Laproencosc Adv Surg Tech A 1999; 9:449-53.
4. Schweitzer MA, DeMaria EJ, Sugerman HJ. Laparoscopic roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Surgical Rounds 2000; 10:371-380
5. Sundborn M, Gustavsson S. Hand-assisted laparoscopic rous-en-Y gastric bypass: Aspects of surgical technique and early results. Obesity Surgery 2000; 10:420-427.
6. Schauer PR, Ikramuddin S, Gourash W, et al. Outcomes after laparoscopic roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity. Ann Surg 2000 Oct;232(4):515-29.
8. Schirmer B. The severly obese patient: Neglected again. J Lap & Adv Surg Tech 1998; 8:1.
Was this article helpful?