1. What basic features distinguish members of the Plant Kingdom from those of other kingdoms?
2. What features distinguish the bryophytes discussed in this chapter from other plants?
5. What is a protonema? Do all bryophytes have them? How would you tell a protonema from a green alga?
6. What adaptations do bryophytes have for their particular habitats?
7. Which parts of the life cycles of bryophytes have hap-loid (n) cells? Which parts have diploid (2n) cells?
8. Why is a bryophyte "leaf" technically not the same as a flowering plant leaf?
10. If you were to single out one bryophyte as being the most important member of its phylum from a human viewpoint, which would you choose? Why?
Introduction to the Plant Kingd om: Bryophytes 395
Was this article helpful?
Moles, warts, and other unsightly irregularities of the skin can be bothersome and even embarrassing. They can be removed naturally... Removing Warts and Moles Naturally! If you have moles, warts, and other skin irregularities that you cannot cover up affecting the way you look, you can have them removed. Doctors can be extremely expensive. Learn the natural ways you can remove these irregularities in the comfort of your own home.