A normal eye examination can he carried out quickly using simple equipment and should conclude that:
• External inspection is normal, a Vision in each eye is normal.
• Confrontation visual fields are full.
• Ocular movements are normal.
• Pupil reactions are normal.
• Optic discs are flat and of normal colour.
• Retinal vessels are normal.
• General observation and inspection should precede detailed eye examination.
• Visual acuity should always be measured.
• Ophthalmoscopy is easier through a dilated pupil
• Pupil dilatation is oontraindicaled if neurological observations are required,
Was this article helpful?