A normal eye examination can he carried out quickly using simple equipment and should conclude that:
• External inspection is normal, a Vision in each eye is normal.
• Confrontation visual fields are full.
• Ocular movements are normal.
• Pupil reactions are normal.
• Optic discs are flat and of normal colour.
• Retinal vessels are normal.
• General observation and inspection should precede detailed eye examination.
• Visual acuity should always be measured.
• Ophthalmoscopy is easier through a dilated pupil
• Pupil dilatation is oontraindicaled if neurological observations are required,
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.