Some species and strains of probiotics (especially various strains of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria) have proven or are hypothesized to be able to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal diseases. Both human and experimental data have repeatedly been reviewed and critically evaluated.2391124
In summary, the following effects have either been demonstrated or are tentatively supported by preliminary, mostly experimental, data:
• Reduction of risk and prevention of recovery of gastrointestinal infections especially rotavirus-induced diarrhea in children, traveler's diarrhea, intestinal colonization by campylobacter or Clostridium difficile, colonization of the stomach by Helicobacter pylori and antibiotic-induced disorders
• Prevention of bacterial translocations
• Improvement of disease state in patients with inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis, pouchitis, and Crohn's disease
• Reduction of risk of large aberrant crypt foci and cancer development in the large bowel
• Reduction of risk of recurrence of superficial urinary bladder tumor
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.